Thursday, February 5, 2009

Joyful Homemaking

The daily household tasks can get draining and repetitive and seem nearly endless (well, they are aren't they?). However, I have found that even with six children that it is possible to be joyful while completing the necessary daily chores. One way we do this is by wearing our aprons. Here is Sarah dusting a book shelf. She is wearing a pink patterned waist apron I found at a consignment shop for 50 cents.
The other thing I do while cleaning is to practice gratitude for whatever it is I am cleaning - even the toilet!! It helps to keep a positive perspective.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of being grateful while cleaning. Janice McBride taught me to pray about everything. It's almost the same thing, except it also includes other types of prayers. Like praying for those in need, or praying for our family members as we fold their clothes.

    Living in the light of Christ, Lew

    ReplyDelete